Please access:-(

Ii can't take the wait anymore.I am dying over here.Please klei would you consider giving us early access if we pay 70$ and provide feedback and test for bugs ect?I am a developer myself and could be a great tester on just reporting bugs and I promise I will spend sooooo much time testing for bugs and playing your game:-).I know the answer is probably no but can you blame a guy for trying:-)?I am dead serious however I am willling to pay 70$ for early access knowing its still very much incomplete.Anyways praying to the klei gods for a realease/snippet of video/new screenshot/playthrough from devs  soon...:-(

I know this post is mostly joking but I feel your pain, I check the forum, website and Steam store everyday for news and die a little each time :), Tuesdays are the worst as all but one of their games were realised on a Tuesday causing the hype to always peak on that day, I don't know if they usually give us warnings before a release (such as on their stream) or just put it out there though.

Unfortunately, Early Access is fraught with possible downfalls. Even though the majority of us here would accept it's incomplete, probably buggy and are happy to help out with testing and bug reporting, once it's on the Steam page, there will be people who completely ignore the massive "Early Access" warning, will buy the game and then post negative reviews stating the game is buggy, not much to do, has no end game, etc... which could go on to eventually harm future sales. Ultimately, even though it will be released in Early Access form, it needs to be up to a certain standard before being uploaded and at this time of heavy content creation, there is always the likely-hood that any new content breaks other functionality, meaning heavy testing is required delaying things and making release dates hard to predict.

What would probably be the best approach at the moment before Early Access, would be a closed pre-alpha test build for me to play test ;).

Archived