Need Help Making Custom Craftable.

So I am very new to the Lua coding scene...well, the coding scene in general. What I'm aiming to make is a custom craftable item that is edible.

The artwork is also going to be a bit of a problem, as my resident artist is being rather lazy...that and I don't know entirely how to attach the artwork to the coding. What I aim to make is an item that any player can eat, but is only craftable by this one character. (The character would have base 100 stats, and just be generally average. This I actually can do, and have done, not really hard changing numbers after all.) The item in question, would cost 100 sanity to make, kind of like how a tell tale heart takes 40 health. 

Now the effects of the item are what I imagine would be the most difficult part, as it has a plethora of effects. This includes, Permanently increasing health and hunger by five points, permanently increasing sanity by one point, permanently increasing damage by 0.025 (2.5%), and permanently increasing speed by 0.05.

So if anyone could give me some serious tips, pointers or plain old help, that would be much appreciated. Now to go look at more code and get really confused.