[HELP PLEASE] Character Mod - Coders Needed

I am trying to create a mod for my girlfriend, Luna. I have made the base character but i want to add her special items and 'forms.' I need to figure out how to make her transform to another form (with other stats and looks) on a full moon or when below 50 sanity; and I need to try and create a 'Bernie the Bear' type item. Here's the excerpt from my page.

WHAT I HOPE TO CREATE - WITH YOUR HELP

Ellie - Ellie is a red stuffed mammoth much like Bernie, Willow's special item. When Luna has Ellie in her inventory she will gain 2 sanity per minute, which is helpful because if playing alone, she will go insane without The Caretaker. When Ellie is placed she will push herself off the ground and begin walking and following luna just like a pig or tallbird companion. Ellie will attack normal agressive mobs. When ellie is on the ground, she will make luna lose 2 sanity per minute. If Ellie is defeated, she will fall into item form and Luna must pick her up. She can be repaired with a sering kit. [Not Currently Implemented] 

To Do List
Custom Speech 
Custom Sounds 
Little Monster Form 
Saveslot Pictures 
Mod Icon Picture 
HD Art 
Special Item (Ellie) 
- A stuffed red mammoth 
- Can be dropped 
- Follow and protect Luna 
- Avoids Luna If in Little Monster form 
- Can be picked up 
- While in item form she will produce 2 sanity per minute 
Complete 'The Caretaker' Mod 

As a side note, 'The Caretaker' is another mod I'm working on to go with this mod, he will give off a sanity aura that willnullify Luna's insanity, helping her stay out of her monster form.

Thank you all in advance, it would mean the world to me if we could work on this together, I'm sure my girlfriend will love the effort. :)

-Nix