Any guides/templates/examples about creating ranged weapons (blowdart-like)?

So i'm currently creating a character mod, and it's almost finished - all artwork and quotes are done, stats and special abilities too, everything related to character compiles and works well and seems to be easily compatible with other mods.

But most of the work was done by using very nice guides and templates from this forum and youtube, and my actual programming skills are just slightly above "hello world". And last part of this mod should be a character's unique weapon - kinda blaster that consumes "batteries" (electrical thingy that is used to build alchemy engine, 2 gold nuggets + 1 cut stone). A simple idea, but i didn't found any guides about creating ranged weapons and including them into a mod. I think the easiest way to get this working is craftable charges that work similar to blowdarts and just get consumed on use, but i still don't know how to do that.

I hope my question is not too stupid, i just need help with this, like really. Any guide and info about this will be very useful for me, thank you!