Easier Controls Needed

I think some functionality needs to be removed to ease the controls for mobile. For example, we don't need the examine option. If I tap on the axe, I want to equip it 100% of the time, so I shouldn't have an extra option there.

I also feel like some context sensitivity may be helpful. It's frustrating to tap uncooked berries 3 times to cook each individual one, then 3 more times to eat each individual one.

Planting pinecones is another chore. Once I've begun planting, each successive tap should plant the next. Fishing the stack out of my inventory every time is a chore.

I could go on. As it is, the game is an almost direct clone of the PC version in terms of controls. I really think a lot of work needs to be done here to facilitate touch controls. I'm not sure a new player without history on PC or console would stand a chance trying to navigate the confusing controls.

Hello, 

Love this game and so many more from this company. I was so excited to see it for my phone!

I would like to say that I really do agree with the idea of making it a bit more touch friendly. I was thinking it might be a good idea to use a joystick feature for movement. I agree with how difficult it is to eat and cook food and plant. I would also like to see an easier way to move around the screen. I find when I am trying to walk around my finger gets in the way and I can't see the map.

Anyways, I would like to say again I love this company. I have the game on Steam, then I bought it for ps4, then I bought it to play with friends, and now it's on my phone! So excited for Oxygen Not Included!! 

Archived