[Help] Night vision crashing caves

Hi everyone! I am coming here today because I have run into a major bug with my new character mod that is causing a lot of issues. 

My character is able to change between two forms, but on one form I wanted the character to have night vision. I wanted the character to have real night vision though and not the glow variable as I feel the glow variable is to powerful in together. I figures out a solution by making these codes for my character:

Night vision form:

inst.components.playervision:ForceNightVision(true)
    inst.components.playervision:SetCustomCCTable(NIGHTVISION_COLOURCUBES)

Non vision form:

inst.components.playervision:ForceNightVision(false)
    inst.components.playervision:SetCustomCCTable(nil)

This actually worked great! I experienced no issues while running testing and playing the game. Until I added a caves server. Every time I try to load a game with a caves server it instantly crashes when I change to the night vision form. If I don't have caves it's great, but starting a world with caves causes crashes. I found a slight solution using a PrefabPostinit I found from another mod: [this goes in the modmain.lua folder]

AddPrefabPostInit("eclipse"[character name], function(inst)
    inst.nightvision = GLOBAL.net_bool(inst.GUID, "player.customvision", "flipvision")
    inst.nightvision:set_local(false)

local function FlipFn(inst)
        local val = inst.nightvision:value()
        inst.components.playervision:ForceNightVision(val)
        inst.components.playervision:SetCustomCCTable(NIGHTVISION_COLOURCUBES)
    end
    inst:ListenForEvent("flipvision", FlipFn)

end)

This works but it is permanent. I have tried a lot of things to make it only activate for one form but I am at a dead end. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Thanks,

MsTopHat

Edited by MsTopHat