I have a character problem!

My character that I'm making in my mod is invisible. The shadow is there, but in all of the screens, e.g. Mod select screen, character select screen, clothing select screen, the character is invisible. There were two other forum posts about this same problem, but neither of them worked and my character is still invisible. Can anyone help?

So, did you use the extended character template for DST mod?

Did you name your build correctly, with no uppercase letters or blank spaces?

Compile your build again or follow the tutorial steps of the tutorial you followed or upload the anim zip.

I did use the extended character template, so I re-made my character and just imported the image files from the first one... and it works. I didn't even have to change the build folder this time, and I have no idea how but it just works now, though for some reason it makes a ghost_esctemplate_build.zip in the anim folder every time I load up the game even though I already made a ghost_marshal_build.zip already, and the ghost is invisible... so... thanks? Here's the mod if you can find a way to fix these problems:  Marshal.zip

Edited by Graybuck
Added information

On 16/7/2016 at 10:38 PM, Graybuck said:

though I already made a ghost_marshal_build.zip already, and the ghost is invisible... so... thanks?

Your ghost_marshal_build.zip has a build named ghost_esctemplate_build inside, and that's why it's invisible.

You rename the scml, not the zip. With the ghost you do the same process as marshal.

The character itself is fine, it's the ghost that's invisible now. Also, I have a few questions: What scml are you talking about? Are you talking about the build file? If i'm not supposed to rename the zip, then why does my game crash when I leave the name as the original? 

I tried renaming the build file, but nothing changed. Is it just the build renamer that I'm using? \/

28 minutes ago, Graybuck said:

What scml are you talking about?

The one inside ghost_marshal_build. It is named ghost_esctemplate_build.

Therefore, the compiled build will be a ghost_esctemplate_build build inside a ghost_esctemplate_build.zip.

Exactly the same process you did with renaming the esctemplate folder in exported to marshal, and the esctemplate.scml to marshal.scml.

29 minutes ago, Graybuck said:

If i'm not supposed to rename the zip, then why does my game crash when I leave the name as the original?

That happens when you try to load already loaded assets (identified by name). Game doesn't like that.

So you changing the name dodges that error.

30 minutes ago, Graybuck said:

I tried renaming the build file, but nothing changed. Is it just the build renamer that I'm using?

Something I noticed about the build renamer of Matt's Tools, is that you have to fill the fields in order, from top to bottom.

If you do stuff from bottom to top, then the name doesn't change.

But the build renamer isn't needed in this situation, really. It's doing the same you already did.