Summer supplies o' flint and other stuff! Good reasons to stay at home island.

I was wondering if anyone else tries to just hug the coast line of their island during a meteor storm? I read that most people head for deep water and sail all summer long. If I happen to have an island with rock turf where you normally find rock piles and krissures, I stay right next to the coast so that a number of meteors land on the rocky turf (or any turf you have where o you have cleared out things you don't want to watch burn). These explode and hatch into rocks, flint, charcoal, ash, and occasionally a mob, the dragoon. The neat thing is that when you hug the coast line in your boat, you are pretty much invulnerable to wetness. The waves from falling meteors can not hit you. All you have to do is make sure you don't get hit directly by a falling meteor. So, safe from wetness, getting free flint and rock, and all you have to do is dodge. Do you also have the mangrove biome on your island as well? Bonus! You can hang out under the mangrove trees, collect grass, chop down mangroves which regrow quickly for logs and twigs, hide under remaining mangroves for shade, fish if you have fishing poles for food you don't even have to cook, and if you have water beefalo, well....fill your pockets!

Archived