Server Mods Without Publishing to Workshop

I have a pair of structure mods created for DS+ROG I would like to use in DST, but the author says in his mod description he doesn't plan to migrate them to the multiplayer rendition.  I requested permission to port them myself, but I'm not expecting a response since I think they've given up the game entirely.  Is it fair use if I ported them just for my personal use and didn't publish them?  And if so, is it possible to run server/all clients must have mods without utilizing the workshop?  Basically have my friends manually copy the files into their mod folders like in the original DS+ROG?

Thanks for your wisdom.

-Drax

4 hours ago, Draxanoth said:

And if so, is it possible to run server/all clients must have mods without utilizing the workshop?  Basically have my friends manually copy the files into their mod folders like in the original DS+ROG?

Yes, it's possible.

Server mods are only required on the server. But all-clients-require-mod have to be on your friends' computers.

So yes, there is going to be some copying around. Maybe use a service like tinyupload?

6 hours ago, DarkXero said:

Yes, it's possible.

Server mods are only required on the server. But all-clients-require-mod have to be on your friends' computers.

So yes, there is going to be some copying around. Maybe use a service like tinyupload?

It would be a require all clients mod since I'm looking to port over a pair of structures.  I didn't realize that you could just rename those infernal workshop mod folders and make them essentially private mods.  I know when I've tried to copy those folders directly to another machine it complains about wanting to sync them with the workshop, I didn't realize it was as simple as changing the folder names to get that to stop.  I feel like an idiot. lol

Now I just have to sort out how to convert a ROG structure to DST.  I think I can use the Wilson house from DST as a template to reverse engineer a conversion, but I expect it won't be an easy task.