Error when entering server world

I have been playing for the last year or so. Sometimes alone, sometimes with family members. However, in the last couple of days, I have been getting a Warning screen when entering with a string "scripts/util.lua" 449: Could not find an asset matching anim/dest_fx.zip in any of the search paths. Not being a programmer, I'm not sure exactly what this means.

I have cleaned and check my cache, deleted by client_save folder, and removed/disable all mods. Nothing has helped. I would like to continue to play, but cannot.

Can you help??

@ezmay524, welcome to the forums.

The Friday's update v180846 did indeed removed the file anim/dust_fx.zip, along with any references to it from the code. Verifying the integrity of the game cache should have taken care of that.

The Birds and Berries and Trees and Flowers for Friends mod is still referencing the removed file, so having the mod enabled will indeed cause a crash. Disabling all mods should have taken care of that.

Could you please attach your client_log.txt after the crash occurs? It can be found at:
PC: Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt
Mac: ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt
Linux: ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt

I think my server data is gone now (had 3 different worlds) because when I tried to open today, I got an option to do "Alone" or "Together". Never had that option before. And So my 38 day survival is wiped. What a drag.

Had to save the text file as a Unicode encoding. Mine is listed as ANSI encoding. client_log1.txt

The log says

[00:03:58]: Loading mod: workshop-522117250 (Birds and Berries and Trees and Flowers for Friends) Version:2.1	
[00:04:18]: error calling LoadPrefabFile in mod workshop-522117250 (Birds and Berries and Trees and Flowers for Friends): 
[string "scripts/util.lua"]:449: Could not find an asset matching anim/dust_fx.zip in any of the search paths.

So the error was indeed caused by the Birds mod. The mod has been fixed in the meantime, thus updating it should no longer cause the error.

The folder Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save contains world data for all single-level worlds (world data for multi-level worlds, i.e. worlds with caves, are saved separately in Cluster_N folders), so deleting it will remove the worlds permanently.