[Request]Help with code

Shindsu

Hello. Firstly I really searched far and wide. Tried finding solutions in other mods, googled, etc, without any results. Secondly, i have some experience in other programming languages, but in lua scripting I'm complete rookie. Well i have this mod for welcome message, it is server sided and i really wish to keep it that way. Forgot to mention my server is dedicated. So my problem is, welcome message appears not just when user connects, but also when goes to cave and back...and that's kinda weird to see welcome to the server each time. I'm using listenforevent("ms_playerjoined") handler. Which i just copied from someone's mod. I was wondering if there's a way to create something like session in php or global variable and assign to it details, that player already on the server and just switching worlds so that message would not repeat. Or maybe there's wiser or simplier solution? In any case, thank you in advance

Archived