[Request] Glommer's Bell summons Quacken

horgerj

Imagine my dismay when I brought my old bell through the Seaworthy to find that Bigfoot cant be summoned in Shipwrecked.

Still - Shipwrecked has its own giant monster...

I'm trying to figure out how to get the Old Bell to invoke the krakener ( GetPlayer().components.krakener:DoKrakenEvent() ), but alas - my kung-fu is not strong. Could a benevolent modder help me out?

Sometimes codes can be pretty tricky, so maybe you should try "GetPlayer().components.krakener.Krakener:DoKrakenEvent()". You might need the full title of the function, so that's why you might need to try to type "krakener" twice, except with the second one being capitalized. I also suggest that you make sure that the event doesn't happen on land, with a code string like "if inst:GetIsOnWater then".

On 4/28/2016 at 6:28 AM, horgerj said:

Imagine my dismay when I brought my old bell through the Seaworthy to find that Bigfoot cant be summoned in Shipwrecked.

Still - Shipwrecked has its own giant monster...

I'm trying to figure out how to get the Old Bell to invoke the krakener ( GetPlayer().components.krakener:DoKrakenEvent() ), but alas - my kung-fu is not strong. Could a benevolent modder help me out?

AHA! I've found a code string that'll help you summon the Quacken with the old bell! Here, this is what the "OnPlayed" function should look like!

local function OnPlayed(inst, musician)
    if GetWorld().components.bigfooter then
        GetWorld().components.bigfooter:SummonFoot(musician:GetPosition())
    end
        local tiles = {GROUND.OCEAN_DEEP, GROUND.OCEAN_SHIPGRAVEYARD}
        local tile = GetMap():GetTileAtPoint(musician:GetPosition():Get())
        if table.contains(tiles, tile) then
        GetPlayer().components.krakener:DoKrakenEvent()
    end
end

If you don't mind, can I use this for my own Quacken mod? I'll give you credit for the idea if you allow me.

Archived