Choices: Prologue

Choices: Prologue 
A fictional Don't Starve Together story. 

From The King's point of view. 

I was playing on an endless PvP server with my team (a Woodie, and two Wolfgang's). I had picked WX-78 and we had set up a little base. We had lasted through summer and now it was Autumn. We had a tidy base that was pretty developed, and we had already had plans to journey to the caves and craft a thulecite crown for myself. Things were going well now, but this wasn't my first time making a big base, and I had a feeling that there would be some problems. I never expected what was coming next though. A WX-78 approached my base accompanied by a Wolfgang and a Wigfrid. These were the same people who had caused me so much trouble a while ago. WX-78 had come on good terms though, since he told me the notorious Wes was on the server. I checked tab not knowing what to expect, and sure enough he was right. WX-78 told me we should form a coalition to make sure Wes didn't come so close to victory. I accepted, grateful we would start as allies this time. I gave WX-78 some supplies, but his party was already quite well equipped. With our group of seven experienced fighters, I doubted Wes could possibly pose a threat, but he did have a knack for being resourceful... 

From Wickerbottom's point of view. 
I was exploring an endless PvP server. I was wandering through the woods, marvelling how useful Wickerbottom's perk was when you didn't have a base. I had some basic supplies, but nothing too special. But, I soon found a small encampment inside the woods. Beside the fire cooking something was a Wes, a rather strange occurrence. Wes' usually don't get far enough to build a base, since most Wes' on servers don't understand he's a challenge character. But the floor of the base had tons of stuff. Gold, gems, and other rare goodies were on the ground. I seriously considered rushing in and killing the Wes to grab the loot, but Wes seemed to sense my lust. He told me I could have whatever I wanted if I helped him kill some people. Violence wasn't my favourite option, but he had a bunch of loot that I really wanted. Wes explained there were two people who he needed to kill, but they outnumbered us and had better equipment. I told him I was pretty good at getting things done, and that he could consider me hired. 

Webber's point of view. 
I joined an endless PvP server that was almost full. I picked Webber, like I usually did. As I gathered grass and twigs, it felt like it had been forever since I had played Don't Starve Together. I gathered flint and eventually got a gold piece and built a science machine. I prototyped the essentials, like the log suit and spear, then I hammered down my science machine and continued on. I had a strange feeling that things could get very dangerous very quickly on this server under the right circumstances... 

Author's note: This story is much shorter than usual. More will be released soon. 

Archived