Windows or Linux for Dedicated Server?

Hello,  I am new and see lots of guides on installs but I am wondering if Linux or Windows Server is best to maintain a dedicated server?  I have a long background running both and I have a dell 610 server in my home that I would set up either standalone or make it a vmware host so I can make multiple VM servers on it if that is best for this?  Or does that kill some performance?

also, when hosting from home to make public, is it easy to get a static IP from verizon these days?  

thanks for any insight !

Hello ,

(your main problem ;-; )

Hmm VM already kills performance , but i using Windows and i can run some servers for lets say DST at the same time without using VM , VM already takes a lot of RAM sooo you shouldn't use VM for hosting servers , (VM for me = Virtual Machine ) and about IP , IP doesn't mean anything for gaming - IP Is just the ID number of your computer that is your computer name kind of , so best is too look at the stronger one because "DST" servers can't handle a lot of players as much as i experienced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Have an good Day and Night ! :D

Archived