Mods & Pre-configured server Help

Hello, i've been working on trying to run a dedicated server, but it seems I cant add mods. I have no where in any of my folders for DS this 'Modoverrides.lua', i've seen everyone saying I need to change to make it work. I'm working on windows. Any input helps 

1 hour ago, godricrandom said:

Hello, i've been working on trying to run a dedicated server, but it seems I cant add mods. I have no where in any of my folders for DS this 'Modoverrides.lua', i've seen everyone saying I need to change to make it work. I'm working on windows. Any input helps 

You have to make that file yourself. It isn't generated automatically by the game.

If you download a local copy of all the mods into a folder you can use my DSTConfig tool to generate a functional modoverrides.lua or you can write your own by hand following the instructions here.

@godricrandom

Alright let's go step by step here. First make sure the server is turned off before doing any of this otherwise it will not save the data.

The folder and files you're looking for are as stated:

mods\dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua
mods\modsettings.lua

In the servers main directory, you should have a folder called "mods", if you do not simply create a new folder called "mods" without the parentheses.

Now that the folder issue is resolved, you now need to create two files.

dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua
modsettings.lua

From there, you'll want to add the mods that you want on the server so let's move on with that part.

in dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua you'll need to find the workshop ID.

Let's start with a commonly used mod among servers, "DST Where's My Beefalo?" 

We'll go to the mod page for the mod you desire, in this case for this example we'll use

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=347360448

Now, after copying the URL, you can see a number at the end. That's what you need. So for this, we'll need 347360448 as the mod ID seeing that's the mod ID to download the mod on your server.

Now, under dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua you'll want to add a new entry

ServerModSetup("347360448")

And for modsettings.lua

ForceEnableMod("347360448")

Save both, start up the server and the mod is enabled! You can do the same with any mod you want, just press enter to create a new line and keep going until you're desired amount of mods are on the server.

Example:

dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua

ServerModSetup("347360448")
ServerModSetup("Put ID Here")

modsettings.lua

ForceEnableMod("347360448")
ForceEnableMod("Put ID Here")

That pretty much sums it up. If you have any further issues please address them. 

Archived