Allocate more RAM?

I host a private server on my PC and after a few in-game days we start to experience some serious lag issues (even with only 3 people playing). I've hunted all through the forums, Steam, and Google with the only solutions being to disable some mods and try the No Lag mods (which have limited, if any effect). It seems that the main issue is that we explore so much of the map and have so many items in inventories or on screen that things just slow way down. I'd like to try and allocate more RAM to the game (i have 32GB) to see if that helps but don't know if there is any way to do that.

Appreciate any help.

What mods do you have enabled? If you have Minimap HUD among them, it does cause lags, especially if you have other mods that add minimap icons.

Other thing to look at could be to see if it's the server or the clients that are lagging. I have enabled In-game FPS counter (Steam>Settings>In-Game>In-game FPS counter), so I can see whenever my lags are due to client not coping with the amount of data it needs to process/display.

Archived