Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server [Mods Aren't Working}


Recommended Posts

Can someone please help me. I've used the wiki tutorials and got the server started but every time I start my server, it is listed as an unmodded server.

I think the reason why it isn't working is because my format is wrong for the modoverrides.lua

If someone can help me get the correct formatting for it I will be thankful for your help.

 

And one quick thing, my modoverrides.lua is supposed to be saved in my Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether folder right? If not then where?

 

 

Link to Guide I used http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Guides/Simple_Dedicated_Server_Setup

I also attached my modoverrides.lua  if thats any help.

modoverrides.lua.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my modoverrides.lua is supposed to be saved in my Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether folder right? If not then where?

 

On the folder the server uses.

 

If you are using the easy configuration, then the folder is DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigOverworld

 

If you used that guide as it is, then the folder is DoNotStarveTogetherDedicated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay I found the folder, turns out i skipped a step on accident but still my mods are not showing up. in the server log it would say "Downloadmods (30)" but everytime I got check the server, it still shows as an unmodded server.

 

I've put my dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua in my mods folder and the modoverride.lua into the correct DoNotStarveTogetherDedicated folder. I'm not sure what I did wrong now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay so I went to go change the file type to lua but when i start the server, the only thing that changed is now my server shows as "password protected" which was intentional from the start but didn't show up until I made this change. And before i made the change to the modoverride on the server log it would say something along the line of  "could not load lua" but after I changed the modoverride.lua to a lua file the server log now says "Loading Lua success" after it downloads the server mods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay so I went to go change the file type to lua but when i start the server, the only thing that changed is now my server shows as "password protected" which was intentional from the start but didn't show up until I made this change. And before i made the change to the modoverride on the server log it would say something along the line of  "could not load lua" but after I changed the modoverride.lua to a lua file the server log now says "Loading Lua success" after it downloads the server mods.

But it is still not modded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.