[Character Concept] Here be a dragon?

Mohiten

Hey there Pal...

I've recently gotten into Don't Starve and the various DLC's (Reign of Giants only, for the time being), and I love the various mods available - the characters in particular.

The long and short of my idea is to have a mod that introduces a lady Dragon character. The 'perk' of this character would be a rather average, if not weak, starting point - but have the character grow stronger in a manner similar to WX-78 (or the modded characters Wicked and Wharang).

With the progression, I envision the character growing in size, as well as strength and so forth. The eventual end result being a character slightly smaller than (if not the same size as) the Giants that can be encountered in game.

The appearance of the character (as I envision it) would be similar to the dragon found here.

PS: This is only a concept at the moment, and I do have other ideas for one or two items/structures the character could bring with them to alter the experience. I have not yet given a great deal of thought to the 'hows', 'whys' or even the 'if's, 'and's or 'but's, so I would greatly appreciate constructive criticism on the concept.

TL;DR: How about a dragon character that can upgrade like WX-78 and turn into a perma giant?

Thanks in advance for reading.

your concept art doesnt seem to fit any of the stuff in game well. you would need to make all new animations probably . use the mod tools to covert a giants atlas-0 in the anim zip and look at what you have to work with space wise if you just want to reskin something.

there is a lockness monster shadow monster thingy in shipwrecked but its got limited animations and no room for legs even if you turned the ripples into legs it would have no body. maybe if you did some spawn prefab and root it to the first build in game you might be able to cobble together 2 separate anims into one character but syncing animations might be to much. probably more trouble than its worth to try that method

code wise look at wolfgang and woody maybe the throw spear mod for right click attack functionality

good luck and maybe they will add a new dragoon giant or something in shipwrecked to make your task easier

Archived