Version Mismatch

Hi all,

I set up a dedicated server yesterday for my friends and I, and all was working well for an hour or so until someone lagged out and got kicked. When they tried to rejoin they got a version mismatch error. We tried lots of things, including validating local content, deleting and reinstalling, rebooting, etc. I bounced all the servers and ran an update on the server through SteamCMD. But nothing helped, bit this did all cause someone else to get the same error. The version in the version.txt for everything were all the latest v161456. We all clearly had the right versions as we gave up on the dedicated server and all just joined a game someone hosted through steam - no problems.

We all searched for a possible answer but couldn't find anything on the forums - as if we were the only ones who'd come across this! (other than a couple of posts about reinstalling). Any ideas?

We were playing on a -LAN dedicated server through Hamachi. Other stuff (such as teamspeak) was fine though the VPN.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Archived