[Client Crash] - Process hanging after closing game

Ninerism

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: Process hanging after closing game

Issue Description: I played the game for free on steam during the free weekend and all was fine.

I recently purchased DST and have had issues with it which never happened before.

There were many crashes at first, and the game wouldnt even start, but now it does.

However, the game takes a LONG time to start. several minutes just to get to the title screen.

After that, everything is fine and I can play the game normally, but when I close the game, the dontstarve_steam.exe process hangs. The game never actually closes despite being closed as steam still shows me as ingame although Im not. The process itself cannot be killed or terminated in any way. Attempting to terminate it by PID ID gives "theres no process to kill" message.

Yet it is, and its still running. Even the time spent in game increases on my steam profile.

The only way I can get rid of it is to restart my PC after every time I play which is a pain to do.

There's no dump file in the steam folder, but I mangaged to create one via the hanging process. Not sure if it helps.

Steps to Reproduce:

For me, its just closing the game. It happens every time without fail.

Im not sure what you could do to recreate it.

All I know is that I never had an issue during the free weekend, but since buying it recently, it happens every time, so perhaps there was a patch or update thats causing this for me?

dontstarve_steam.dmp

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

It wouldnt let me attach the dmp, so I zipped it.

Archived