[Suggestion] Recipe: Charcoal Poultice

First, let me just say... I actually enjoy the new poison mechanic.  I think it does a great job of insuring we all don't just go around facetanking everything with log suits.  Having said that, for as common of a thing as being poisoned actually can be, the cost for our only cure seems a bit steep.  It is for that reason that I would like to propose an additional recipe; Charcoal Poultice.  Charcoal, in the form of Activated Charcoal, is actually used to treat venomous bites the world over, and I think it could find a good home in Shipwrecked as well.

Now, for the sake of balance, I would think that it should take some time, as opposed to the instant-cure nature of the anti-venom.  Perhaps something along the lines of 10 tics (30 damage) after application?  In the event you are less than 30 health, maybe it would stop you at 1?  Maybe it wouldn't?

As for the actual recipe... well, right out of the gate, you'll be needing some charcoal, maybe two.  You'll need to crush it into a powder, so how about a rock to create a mortar/pestle as with Healing Salve?  Finally, you'll need to apply it to the affected area, so papyrus or the new bamboo cloth?

Archived