Creating A Dedicated Don't Starve Server With Caves

I've been following the post that Klei setup at http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/59171-hosting-caves-with-the-preconfigured-servers/ but unfortunately I just can't figure out how to do it. I went through the steps, making sure I followed them precisely. I fired up the servers and began browsing the internet while it got loaded up. I went back after some time and noticed that 2 people were already on the server. "How exciting!" I thought. I shutdown the server, added a password (which I later removed) and went back to the game. This is where I got confused. I went to where I assumed you were supposed to go ("Browse Games") and couldn't find the server on Online or on LAN but clearly someone else did because 2 people were on the server. Am I doing something wrong or is the server just not up for cooperating with me? I'm also open to the idea that I'm just being a complete idiot so... have at it! Thanks for your time and consideration in advance.

Archived