[Server Crash] - I Host Existing World and Have to Choose New Character

Irishblooded

Bug Submission:

Category: Server Crash

Issue Title: I Host Existing World and Have to Choose New Character

Issue Description: I recently started up a world to play in, and my wife and I made it to day 20, then we quit to go out. Then when I started up the game and world again (at day 20), we arrived in the world only to have to pick our character again and have to start from day 1, during winter :(

I did accidentally skip the logging in stage, which is required if you want to play online, but since our world was a LAN world, I didn't rectify this because I thought it wouldn't matter.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Start a new LAN world; our world was a LAN so it's kind of important.

2. Get a decent way through the game (we got to day 20).

3. Make sure you have lots of good stuff so you feel the hurts just like we did. Lots of farms, dragonfruit, birdcage etc. If you want to be very thorough, find a Giant and kill it for its loot, and make yourself something pretty so you'll lose it later.

4. Quit the game and go on a sexy date. This step is very important.

5. Reopen the game.

6. Press the play button, then choose to "Play offline".

7. Start up your LAN server, and you should go to the character choice stage and have to start all over again.

Having the exact same issue however my game progress was over 200 days so it is extremely painful indeed. I already did what I typically see recommended: "Verify the Integrity of Game Cache" and it said everything was normal.

The only other repro step I can offer is I experienced this issue immediately after doing a rollback to a previous day. Then the thumbnail portrait of my character changed to a question mark for all the days in the rollback queue. The save slots still say the number of days (Day 207, 206, 205 in my case) However when I try to resume game from any of these saved points I have to choose a character again and the world regenerates and starts at day 1.

Archived