Help with my character mod(Theo the spontaneous, and distracted)

In this thread I will be asking questions to help me with my character mod.

My first question is:

what is the inst.component for how fast your sanity drains, and how fast you pick up, collect, or craft an item?

Second:

I want my character to, when idling, "get distracted". When he idles, he goes off to the nearest thing and does something with it. If it's something that can be attacked, like an animal, he attacks it, if its something that can be collected or picked up, like dropped items, he picks it up. I also want him have a random chance he will do this every second, and for it to be canceled by any action key being pressed. How should I go about doing this? Could I have some names and descriptions of components that might help me?

Thanks in advance

Edited by PlatinumFrog

how fast your sanity drains

It's a multiplier in the sanity component.

Wilson has 1, Wendy has 0.75, therefore Wilson loses sanity faster than Wendy.

how fast you pick up, collect, or craft an item?

It's the same for everybody, those actions are performed on the dolongaction state of the Wilson stategraph.

When you want to do something, you go to a state, which triggers animations, sounds, and in which part of the animation you perform the action.

I also want him have a random chance he will do this every second, and for it to be canceled by any action key being pressed.

You have to do a brain and trigger behaviours.

Seems pretty pointless if you can just cancel it.

And annoyingly harsh for people if they would lose all control over the character during distracted mode.

This isn't accually a mod I am going to distribute, this is a mod that my friend and I are going to play, over a private server. The distracted part is because I tend to get distracted from the game a lot and I wanted to implement it into the character.

If you have suggestions for how I should do this differently then feel free to suggest them.

It's a multiplier in the sanity component.

Wilson has 1, Wendy has 0.75, therefore Wilson loses sanity faster than Wendy.

It's the same for everybody, those actions are performed on the dolongaction state of the Wilson stategraph.

When you want to do something, you go to a state, which triggers animations, sounds, and in which part of the animation you perform the action.

You have to do a brain and trigger behaviours.

Seems pretty pointless if you can just cancel it.

And annoyingly harsh for people if they would lose all control over the character during distracted mode.

Thanks for your help, I will look into brains and statgraphs.