Fncs replacement, holding and calling

I'm doing something definitely in some horrible way.

(UPD This problem is fixed. Second is coming)
Code is not updated, its broken. 

First problem is

[00:00:42]: [string "scripts/components/stackable.lua"]:62: attempt to compare table with numberLUA ERROR stack traceback:    scripts/components/stackable.lua:62 in (method) OGet (Lua) <59-84>    ../mods/<MineMod>/modmain.lua:30 in (method) Get (Lua) <26-63>    scripts/components/inventory.lua:833 in () ? (Lua) <825-871>    =(tail call):-1 in ()  (tail) <-1--1>    scripts/components/inventory.lua:406 in (method) DropItem (Lua) <401-424>    scripts/actions.lua:279 in (field) fn (Lua) <277-288>    scripts/bufferedaction.lua:23 in (method) Do (Lua) <19-33>    scripts/entityscript.lua:1199 in (method) PerformBufferedAction (Lua) <1191-1209>    scripts/stategraphs/SGwilson.lua:2118 in (field) fn (Lua) <2117-2119>    scripts/stategraph.lua:562 in (method) UpdateState (Lua) <530-574>    scripts/stategraph.lua:601 in (method) Update (Lua) <593-621>    scripts/stategraph.lua:123 in (method) Update (Lua) <107-146>    scripts/update.lua:205 in () ? (Lua) <146-219>

(Upd. Now im know that it's 'self' is nil)

It's line if self.stacksize > num_to_get then

File stackable.lua is original, not modified in fileSystem. I'm replacing two of its methods(Get,Put) with custom methods that doing some logic !and calling original methods(that stored in new vars:

How to solve this? What am I doing wrong?

modmain.lua (well it's part of it. Other code doesn't affects this part and stackable)

local require = GLOBAL.requirelocal Stackable = require "components/stackable"--First custom method Getfunction NEGet( num )    local num_to_getNE = num or 1    --Calling original method    local stc_get = Stackable:OGet( num )    <some custom code that manipulates its custom vars and also affects !finiteuses of the detached item>        return stc_getend--Second custom method Putfunction NEPut( item, source_pos )    <logic that affects custom vars  and reading item.finiteuses:GetUses()>    local stc_put = Stackable:OPut( item, source_pos )    return stc_putend--temporal holders for original Get and Putlocal Stackable_Get_base = Stackable.Get or function(num) return nil endlocal Stackable_Put_base = Stackable.Put or function(item, source_pos) return nil end--more permament holdersStackable.OGet = Stackable_Get_baseStackable.OPut = Stackable_Put_base--replacing procedureStackable.Put = NEPutStackable.Get = NEGet--custom vars injectionStackable.NE_Durabilities = { 1}Stackable.NE_UseDurabilities = false

Edited by fluffyNest

DarkXero, yes, I'm sure. Thank you for the reply. This first problem is already solved. Aside from misspells and wrong logic in custom code there where wrong calling of original methods( because they where ho longer in stackable class?) and wrong declaration of new methods.
It's should be:

function NEGet( self, num )
local stc_get = Stackable.OGet( self, num ) 
function NEPut( self, item, source_pos )
local stc_put = Stackable.OPut( self, item, source_pos )
Edited by fluffyNest

So, the second problem(kinda) has come.

I'm write new var:bool to component stackable named 'somebool'
modmain.lua

local require = GLOBAL.requirelocal Stackable = require "components/stackable"Stackable.somebool = false

Is there a way to make auto fire 'onchange' to another function?
like here in 9 and 10 lines if this not something else(no auto-fire for stacksize&maxsize):
data\scripts\coponents\stackable.lua

local Stackable = Class(function(self, inst)    self.inst = inst    self.stacksize = 1 -- Its a stack of one (ie the first item)    self.maxsize = TUNING.STACK_SIZE_MEDITEMend,nil,{    stacksize = onstacksize,    maxsize = onmaxsize,})

Appreciate any help.

___

How to make spoilers in forum post?

Edited by fluffyNest

You are right. For the record:

Stackable.OPut( self, item, source_pos )equalsStackable:OPut( item, source_pos )

The issue was with the NGet assigning num = self, and dropping the receiving num. That way, num was the table, self.

Two ways here.

1)

You make a

function Stackable:SetSomeBool(val)	-- trigger onchange here	self.somebool = valend

and you use the method to set up the variable.

2)

You use the global addsetter function from Class.lua.

local function onsomeboolchange(self, somebool_value)	print("Hello!", somebool_value)endlocal function stackablePostInit(self, inst)	self.somebool = false	GLOBAL.addsetter(self, "somebool", onsomeboolchange)endAddComponentPostInit("stackable", stackablePostInit)

like this.

<spoiler> stuff </spoiler>

but with [] brackets

[hello] stuff [/hello]

How to make spoilers in forum post?
[spoiler] stuff [/spoiler]
Edited by DarkXero

DarkXero, thanks. The funny thing I had read somewhere on forums that ".Fnc(self)==:Fnc()" but I'm forget that I have suppose to do the same with my own methods.

1) I'm gonna use this. Don't wanna kill the memory.
2) Ah that a really nice function. Thank you for the new information. I'm just don't like that I don't know how its working. I mean does its consuming more resources than first option?

stuff

Get staff with spoilers. Except for this (for me It's looks like XML or something that I don't know).
<div class="bbc_spoiler">    <span class="spoiler_title">Spoiler</span> <input type="button" class="bbc_spoiler_show" value="Show">    <div class="bbc_spoiler_wrapper"><div class="bbc_spoiler_content" style="display:none;"> stuff </div></div></div>
Edited by fluffyNest

So new "Function overriding" question appeared and it  is about "._replica"s

Is this possible to add new "net_" value to existing componentReplica?

maybe like this:

modmain.lua

local require = GLOBAL.requirelocal Stackable_replica = require "components/stackable_replica"Stackable_replica._NE_Durabilities = net_smallbytearray(Stackable_replica.inst.GUID, "stackable._NE_Durabilities")

but its not working: attempt to index field 'inst' (a nil value)

Edited by fluffyNest

1) I'm gonna use this. Don't wanna kill the memory. 2) Ah that a really nice function. Thank you for the new information. I'm just don't like that I don't know how its working. I mean does its consuming more resources than first option?

Use whatever is more comfortable to you.

but its not working: attempt to index field 'inst' (a nil value)

That is not working because inst exists when the class is called by the game, passing the entity on construction.

What you can access is Stackable_replica._ctor, as _ctor is a method assigned during the Class() function execution.

local require = GLOBAL.requirelocal Stackable_replica = require "components/stackable_replica"local old_ctor = Stackable_replica._ctorStackable_replica._ctor = function(self, inst)	old_ctor(self, inst)	self._NE_Durabilities = GLOBAL.net_smallbytearray(inst.GUID, "stackable._NE_Durabilities")end

Much appreciated. Lua confuse me so much that i forget everything that I have learned before.

Probably need to just learn lua already...

What is more comfortable to me. It's a little complicated. Because it's not about only me.

And it's not so intuitive to have bool var that actually read-only but it's not read-only

I'm so missing properties, eh...

Just the last question can be this code transferred to other file?

like this:

modmain.lua

local require = GLOBAL.requirelocal somecode = require "somecode" --its will be "scripts\somecode.lua"?somecode:Execute()

somecode.lua

function Somecode:Execute() local require = GLOBAL.require local Stackable_replica = require "components/stackable_replica"  local old_ctor = Stackable_replica._ctor Stackable_replica._ctor = function(self, inst)     old_ctor(self, inst)     self._NE_Durabilities = GLOBAL.net_smallbytearray(inst.GUID, "stackable._NE_Durabilit ies") endend

Edited by fluffyNest

Much appreciated. Lua confuse me so much that i forget everything that I have learned before. Probably need to just learn lua already... What is more comfortable to me. It's a little complicated. Because it's not about only me. And it's not so intuitive to have bool var that actually read-only but it's not read-only I'm so missing properties, eh...

Lua is flexible, so you can make it look like python or like java or like whatever you want.

Just the last question can be this code transferred to other file?

With world.lua:

print("This is world")globalvar = 123

Doing

local hello = require("world")

equals

local hello = function()    print("This is world")    globalvar = 123end

the first time you call it. Using require the next times will return you a reference (if there was a return in world.lua) or nothing, instead of running the file again and again.

You can use modimport to load code from multiple files, in order to structure your code.

You have in your mod folder:

- modmain.lua

- modinfo.lua

- somecode.lua

modmain.lua:

modimport("somecode.lua")

somecode.lua:

local require = GLOBAL.requirelocal Stackable_replica = require "components/stackable_replica"local old_ctor = Stackable_replica._ctorStackable_replica._ctor = function(self, inst)	old_ctor(self, inst)	self._NE_Durabilities = GLOBAL.net_smallbytearray(inst.GUID, "stackable._NE_Durabilities")end

modimport loads the file you specify.

Unlike require, modimport's root is where modmain is, instead of scripts.

And the files you modimport get to use the mod environment (AddPrefabPostInit, AddComponentPostInit, etc.)