A big problem with a custom prefab

So I am porting one of my DS characters into DST. I got the art, sounds, and stats. However, I just can't find the way to port his custom item.

The item's a backpack with 4 slots (2x2), and food inside it spoils slower. It's pretty much an icepack downgrade.

I tried all I could, I even tried to search on the forums for similar issues (the issue with Zim mod, precisely, helped a little), but I only got so far.

inst.components.container:SetNumSlots(#slotpos)

This piece of code right here is giving me problems, if it's uncommented, there's an assert failure at scripts/components/container.lua :82: when I equip the backpack, if it's commented, the backpack behaves like a normal backpack, with 8 slots and the stock art (I have custom art for the UI), but keeps the slow spoilage feature.

I spent 3-4 straight hours trying to fix it myself, and got stuck to this point, all burned out. I'm attaching the character mod, hopefully you are patient and competent enough to find a fix, and explain what I did wrong/what the game handles in the wrong way.

Thanks in advance.

thiefdst.zip

Edited by jimmosio