[Client Crash] - Game crashes during or right after loading

MaverickTheDude

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: Game crashes during or right after loading

Issue Description: Hi! Issue as in title, I can add that generic Don't Starve works fine and I was able to host a server in Togedher. No mods installed ofc. Issue appeared only when joining friends' game. DXdiag and logfile attached. MDMP file was not in bin folder although I play Steam version.

Steps to Reproduce: Run DST -> [shift]+[tab] -> join friend's game -> LOADING...

One of these:

1) left click during loading - behold crash

2) create character panel opens, wait 60 secs - crash

3) crash right after loading (character already has been chosen)

A friend of mine had this same problem. It started after the server he tried to join had applied mods for the first time. My friend had no mods installed. Trying to join via steam overlay, or those little pop-up messages steam gives to let you quickly join a friend's game, would result in a crash. He usually couldn't even reach the character selection screen. After this happened, he couldn't join non-modded servers either. All attempts resulted in a crash.

Joining via the in-game search function works fine, so there's probably some sort of conflict with the steam join service.

Archived