childspawner troubles

HomShaBom

I'm working no my first mod, and my 1st step is trying to get a bunch of birds spawning around a structure.

I looked at how beebox and beehive spawn bees, so I tried modifying the homesign to add a childspawner to it and make it spawn crows.

When I test the mod I'm not seeing any errors, but crows are not spawning. What am I missing here?

modmain.lua:

function fn(inst)    inst:AddComponent("childspawner")    inst.components.childspawner.childname = "crow"    inst.components.childspawner:SetRegenPeriod(1)    inst.components.childspawner:SetSpawnPeriod(1)    inst.components.childspawner:SetMaxChildren(10)    inst.components.childspawner:StartSpawning()endAddPrefabPostInit("common/objects/homesign", fn)

I figured it out. In the homesign.lua file they refer to the prefab as "common/objects/homesign" so i thought I had to use that name here. It worked once i changed it to AddPrefabPostInit("homesign", fn)

I figured it out. In the homesign.lua file they refer to the prefab as "common/objects/homesign" so i thought I had to use that name here. It worked once i changed it to AddPrefabPostInit("homesign", fn)

Archived