How do I drop things?

So, I was at one point playing an old game I used to play when I was younger called Dyna Blaster (a very cool game btw). In order to play multiplayer matches in that game with more than 2 players you need to use controllers, however I simply like to use controller for that game. After I played a bit of that, I went to play DST, without pluging out the controller and to my surprise, the controller got connected to DST. So I enabled that to see how controller worked. It seemed to work nicely, however there is one thing I couldn't work out; how to drop things, Now, I was using a very old controller and itnstead of triangle+circle+square+X or A+B+X+Y it has 1+2+3+4 buttons, so take that in mind. I just simply couldn't drop items; I could pick items from my inventory and move them across it, but I couldn't drop them on the ground. Does anyone have any idea how I do that? May be mt old controller ins't compatible enough to the game and hence can't drop things on the ground?

Archived