[Help] How to override in-game function?

This should fix it:

if inst.guanodropped == true then	inst.guanodropped = nilelse	if math.random() < 0.5 then		inst.components.lootdropper:SpawnLootPrefab("bird_egg")		inst.guanodropped = nil	endend

Now the question is how to get rid of the 2nd egg that has a spawn chance on fruits, vegetables and seeds too?

(Get rid of it on "seeds" only, since they're overlapping.)

DarkXero, I don't know if I'm writing these comments clear enough, but probably not. English isn't my main language and sometimes I'm struggling to express what I have in mind.

No, I'm not yet good to go, since I want eggs drop with 33% chance for everything. Seeds (not the specific ones), fruits and veggies.

Although by adding the upper function, which gives 50% chance to drop an egg IF guano doesn't drop, there's also the second 33% chance to drop an egg whether or not the guano has dropped.

How to get rid of this 33% chance for "seeds" only, while keeping this chance for fruits or vegetables?

An additional condition has to be put in this function:

if math.random() < 0.33 then            inst.components.lootdropper:SpawnLootPrefab("bird_egg")        end

where it won't spawn an egg if the used food to feed the bird was "seeds".

Edit:

Would this work? (You've shown me this code in previous functions):

local foodtype = food.components.edible.foodtype	if foodtype == GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.FRUIT or foodtype == GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.VEGGIE then		if math.random() < 0.33 then			inst.components.lootdropper:SpawnLootPrefab("bird_egg")		end	end
Edited by IcyTheWhite

@DarkXero, I know I've been quite complicated and maybe annoying too for the past few days, but in all honesty you've helped me a lot, not only with the code, but you've also with understanding of how things work a little more. There's just so much useful information in this topic that I can come back anytime and use it in something I would be working on.

So that said, I'm crediting you in my mod as a very, very helpful person. :p

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

@IcyTheWhite:

local function ExtraDigest(inst, food)		local foodtype = food.components.edible.foodtype		-- If the bird was given a fruit/veggie		-- 1-2 special seeds will spawn		if foodtype == GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.FRUIT or foodtype == GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.VEGGIE then			-- We add an extra seed so we end up dropping 2-3 seeds			local seed_name = string.lower(food.prefab .. "_seeds")			if GLOBAL.Prefabs[seed_name] then				inst.components.lootdropper:SpawnLootPrefab(seed_name)			end			-- Then, since se don't have either guano, egg, or normal seeds from the old behaviour			-- (Before, egg would spawn for meat, and guano from special/normal seeds)			-- 1/3 chance for egg			if math.random() < 0.33 then				inst.components.lootdropper:SpawnLootPrefab("bird_egg")			else				-- 1/3 chance for normal seeds				if math.random() < 0.33 then					inst.components.lootdropper:SpawnLootPrefab("seeds")				else					-- Neither egg or normal seeds dropped, we toss a guano for the other 1/3					inst.components.lootdropper:SpawnLootPrefab("guano")				end			end		else			-- Here we were given special/normal seeds			-- 1/3 chance the old behaviour dropped a guano			if inst.guanodropped == true then				-- We do nothing, guano was dropped				inst.guanodropped = nil			else				-- No guano				-- We try again, add some extra chance to near 1/2				if math.random() < 0.17 then					inst.components.lootdropper:SpawnLootPrefab("guano")				else					-- No guano for 1/2, so we toss some seeds for the other 1/2					inst.components.lootdropper:SpawnLootPrefab("seeds")				end			end			end    end