Looking for help: Language Mod not running

Chinese Language.zippost-684459-0-94064600-1437835151_thumb.post-684459-0-94064600-1437835151_thumb.Chinese Language.zip

Hi. Recently I've made a chinese script for Don't Starve. I haven't upload it to steam workshop yet, because

it's still half way done(or less than that). Right now, I'm trying to run my mod in my own game, just to see if it works.

Apparently no. :snarlingspider:

I've coded it this way and put it into my files. But nothing changes when I enable that mods and run the game. 

And yes, I've been looking for tutorials and examples, but I don't know what is wrong with my coding.

Can any pro coders out there tell me what's wrong with my file? I'll try to provide as much information and possible. Thank you so much for helping me out!

>>I don't own the image in my file.

@Sandesco,

I opened Chinese.po with Notepad++ and replaced all  #.  for  #:  and things appeared.

However, I have some comments to make.

The first one, is that the strings.pot from the languages folder isn't up to date with DST strings.

So translating that requires many extras.

The second one, is that the japanese.po doesn't even have the RoG strings.

And your .po looks very similar to the japanese one. Except yours has the RoG strings.

The third one, is that

--The game currently only supports ASCII (sadly), so not all languages can be supported at this time.

And the fourth and final one:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=460972875

Edited by DarkXero

Thank you for helping me out!!

I replaced all the #. already. It's showing korea words, stacking over each other. :(

And for the second point, I don't understand it. :x What's the difference between having strings and without strings?

I looked up ASCII, it doesn't have chinese words. I checked out a korea mod that has korea words in TEX file. Is it possible to do the same thing? 

The Chinese Mod in the link doesn't work anymore. It doesn't translate English description to chinese,

instead it just shows the stats of the weapon. The Mod is also in a package, you will have to download Show Full Map Mod and Golden Spear Mod with it. :c 

So, can I still translate Don't starve Together in the same .po file with the same method? Or do I have to wait for DST language script to update?

post-684459-0-29102700-1437890866_thumb.

post-684459-0-84532600-1437890869_thumb.

post-684459-0-59526600-1437890872_thumb.

What's the difference between having strings and without strings?

Oh nothing, I was pointing out that it was out of date. Game shouldn't crash. Languages would mix.

Is it possible to do the same thing?

Yes, what the korea mod does is copy their own font files into the game, then replace all strings so instead of having the game searching for say, "a", they search for "\1" (can't remember what the "a" is though). You can test it yourself, put print("\155") or ThePlayer.components.talker:Say("\155") in console. That way you call the font char with that id.

They also edit some extra functions to reach more strings.

Pretty intrusive, since the korean font stays in the official zip when you remove the mod.

So you would need to look at how the font works, then how to edit the tex file, then to run something to translate all strings into the ids that will reference into your new font file.

The Chinese Mod in the link doesn't work anymore. It doesn't translate English description to chinese, instead it just shows the stats of the weapon. The Mod is also in a package, you will have to download Show Full Map Mod and Golden Spear Mod with it. :c

Yes, sorry.

So, can I still translate Don't starve Together in the same .po file with the same method?

No. The chinese font isn't there.

Or do I have to wait for DST language script to update?

You can wait until your characters are supported, or try the korean approach.

I don't even know how chinese works.

You can write "一个" for "a" or is context related or what?