[Question] 2 DST Folders On Steam

Hello,

I know this isn't the correct place to ask this and I should be asking on the steam forums which I have but I figured I should ask here since I'm probably not the only one who has thought of this.

What I'm basically trying to do is created 2 versions of DST one that is linked to steam and will update as the updates come out and another one that I will add through the Non-Steam Game feature that won't be updated as the updates come out. Reasoning for this is because I wish to have one instance that I have the same mods as my friends have and be able to play with them without mod conflicting issues and I wish to have another instance for the mods I wish to use while playing alone for mod testing purposes.

I've copied and renamed the steamapps>common>Don't Starve Together to steamapps>common>DST Personal Use. I've linked the launcher to dontstarve_steam.exe but that apparently runs the original instance of Don't Starve Together which I don't want. I wish for it to run a separate instance so that I may have 1 set of mods on one and another set of mods on another.

If I didn't explain it clearly what I am trying to do feel free to ask more questions and Ill do my best to reply in full.

I want separate instance so I can start creating my own custom characters for my friends and I to use but I don't want it on the original instance because 1: I'm overly OCD when it comes to that kind of stuff because I like my things to be organized and separate and 2: so I can add certain things without them conflicting with my other mods in the creation period.

Once again if I didn't explain it clearly what I am trying to do feel free to ask more questions and Ill do my best to reply in full.

Thanks for reading~

Archived