LUA error on trying to start new game

Hello,

I am unable to start a new game, or continue any of my previous games. I am able to set-up a new game, and it starts the loading screen, but I am then given an error. Same thing when I try to open a saved game. Any help would be really appreciated. I've attached my game log...

log.txt

Hmm. Not sure what the problem is but..

Here's the error in his log:

...starve/data/scripts/components/colourcubemanager.lua:108: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)LUA ERROR stack traceback:        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/colourcubemanager.lua(108,1) in function 'GetDestColourCubes'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/colourcubemanager.lua(70,1) in function 'StartBlend'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(592,1) in function 'PopulateWorld'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(832,1) in function 'DoInitGame'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1008,1) in function 'cb'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(512,1)        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(489,1) in function 'GetSaveData'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1010,1) in function 'DoLoadWorld'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1057,1) in function 'LoadSlot'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1123,1) in function 'DoResetAction'	...        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(91,1) in function 'Load'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1179,1) in function 'callback'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(574,1) in function 'Set'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(458,1)        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(456,1) in function 'Load'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1178,1) in main chunk        =[C] in function 'require'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(652,1)scripts/frontend.lua(723,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen	 

And relevant code in the game files:

function ColourCubeManager:GetDestColourCubes()		local season_idx = SEASONS.AUTUMN	if GetWorld() and GetWorld().components.seasonmanager then		season_idx = GetWorld().components.seasonmanager:GetSeason()		if GetWorld().components.seasonmanager.incaves then			season_idx = SEASONS.CAVES			end	end		local time_idx = "DAY"	if GetWorld() and GetWorld().components.clock and not GetWorld().components.nightmareclock then		if GetWorld().components.clock:IsDusk() then			time_idx = "DUSK"		elseif GetWorld().components.clock:IsNight() then			if GetWorld().components.clock:GetMoonPhase() == "full" and not GetWorld():IsCave() then				time_idx = "FULL_MOON"			else				time_idx = "NIGHT"			end		end	end	local nightmare_idx = "CALM"	if GetWorld() and GetWorld().components.nightmareclock then		if GetWorld().components.nightmareclock:IsWarn() then			nightmare_idx = "WARN"		elseif GetWorld().components.nightmareclock:IsNightmare() then			nightmare_idx = "NIGHTMARE"		elseif GetWorld().components.nightmareclock:IsDawn() then			nightmare_idx = "DAWN"		end	end	local cc = self.SEASON_CCS[ season_idx ][time_idx]		if GetWorld() ~= nil and GetWorld():IsCave() and GetWorld().topology ~= nil and GetWorld().topology.level_number == 2 then		--We're in the ruins, use the nightmare colour cubes		cc = self.NIGHTMARE_CCS[nightmare_idx]	end	local insanity_cc = self.INSANITY_CCS[time_idx]	return cc, insanity_ccend

@Blueberrys,

That's from the RoG version... as written, that code pretty much guarantees that a nil index error would be impossible to get on line 108.

The log refers to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/colourcubemanager.lua, which is the base version.  The relevant lines there are:

function ColourCubeManager:GetDestColourCubes()		local season_idx = SEASONS.SUMMER	if GetWorld() and GetWorld().components.seasonmanager then		season_idx = GetWorld().components.seasonmanager:GetSeason()	end		local time_idx = "DAY"	if GetWorld() and GetWorld().components.clock and not GetWorld().components.nightmareclock then		if GetWorld().components.clock:IsDusk() then			time_idx = "DUSK"		elseif GetWorld().components.clock:IsNight() then			time_idx = "NIGHT"		end	end	local nightmare_idx = "CALM"	if GetWorld() and GetWorld().components.nightmareclock then		if GetWorld().components.nightmareclock:IsWarn() then			nightmare_idx = "WARN"		elseif GetWorld().components.nightmareclock:IsNightmare() then			nightmare_idx = "NIGHTMARE"		elseif GetWorld().components.nightmareclock:IsDawn() then			nightmare_idx = "DAWN"		end	end	local cc = self.SEASON_CCS[ season_idx ][time_idx]		if GetWorld() ~= nil and GetWorld():IsCave() and GetWorld().topology ~= nil and GetWorld().topology.level_number == 2 then		--We're in the ruins, use the nightmare colour cubes		cc = self.NIGHTMARE_CCS[nightmare_idx]	end	local insanity_cc = self.INSANITY_CCS[time_idx]	return cc, insanity_ccend

Which means that the game was trying access a property of the table...

self.SEASON_CCS = {		[SEASONS.SUMMER] = {	DAY = "images/colour_cubes/day05_cc.tex",								DUSK = "images/colour_cubes/dusk03_cc.tex",								NIGHT = "images/colour_cubes/night03_cc.tex",						   },		[SEASONS.WINTER] = {	DAY = "images/colour_cubes/snow_cc.tex",								DUSK = "images/colour_cubes/snowdusk_cc.tex",								NIGHT = "images/colour_cubes/night04_cc.tex",							},		[SEASONS.CAVES] = {		DAY = "images/colour_cubes/caves_default.tex",								DUSK = "images/colour_cubes/caves_default.tex",								NIGHT = "images/colour_cubes/caves_default.tex",							},	}

...that doesn't exist.  I have no idea why he would be getting this error though.  I could see getting it if trying to load or start a RoG game when RoG isn't installed, since since SEASONS.AUTUMN is the default in RoG, but aren't there protections against that? O.o

@obrijm09,

Do you have Reign of Giants installed?  If not, have you ever had it installed?

Archived