Interest in Sericulture mod?

I'm kinda toying around ideas of what to make next, and I'm thinking about a little mod pack to add another way to harvest silk to my games (because I like variety!)

The mod would add (in it's mod barebones version):

Wild Silkmoth - Likely based heavily on the butterfly prefab, but hovering around berry bushes rather than flowers; it wouldn't cause new berry bushes to grow.

Cocoon Frame - Without going into too much detail, it's a structure that moths can lay their eggs on / where the pupae will grow and eventually turn into moths, leaving their silk behind to be harvested by the player. (Would require a berry bush, papyrus or twigs, etc)

and then if I wanted to expand it a bit, I could probably also add in more things, like:

Silkworms - they could also act as bait for bird traps

Mulberry Bush (silkworms preferred food)

Mulberries or Mulberry leaves

More recipes that require silk, and mulberries

Plus drops, for when the moth is killed.

The details I still haven't filled in in my plans yet are certain drops. if you kill a moth, what should you get? moth wings, like the butterfly? but what would they be used for? Should I make moths plantable? What would they turn into? Evil flowers? gravesites? I'm kind of hung up on that question. I'm wondering if anyone has some ideas i might like to incorporate into the mod if I do move forward with it! Thanks for your time

Cocoon Frame - Without going into too much detail, it's a structure that moths can lay their eggs on

I visited a silkworm facility in Thailand once. It was one of the most foul smelling places I've ever been. Dear god.

Archived