Are Parasite and Parasite 2.0 costs shared or separate?

Quick question. If I have Parasite 2.0 installed on one device, but no Parasite 1.0 installed, would the cost of Parasite 1.0 be increased by the Parasite 2.0 that is already running, or is it treated separately?

Quick question. If I have Parasite 2.0 installed on one device, but no Parasite 1.0 installed, would the cost of Parasite 1.0 be increased by the Parasite 2.0 that is already running, or is it treated separately?

The costs are held separate.  I tested this out myself, as I was curious.  Parasite v1.0's default cost is 0, and Parasite v2.0's cost is 2.  If I use Parasite v1.0 on something, it's cost increases to 1, and the cost of Parasite v2.0 remains at 2. 

I've used both before with Fusion, and they are AWESOME. 

Both with fusion? Does that mean you can put a v1 and v2 parasite on the same object and break 3 firewalls per turn?

No, but that is a good question. Anyone try placing a v1 and v2 Parasite on the same object?

Fusion is an unlockable Program.

It takes 5 PWR to activate, but gives you 3 PWR a turn for 4 turns. However, because you have to prime it, keep reactivating it when its cooldown runs out, and it only gives you additional power over the long term, it can take awhile to actually generate more usable power than something simpler like Power Drip.

Just finished a playthrough where I had v1 and v2 parasites. Unfortunately, you can only apply a single parasite of any type to a mainframe object so if you apply a v1 parasite then you can't speed it up by applying a v2 parasite later on. The node is stuck with a v1 parasite until the firewall is broken.

Archived