My steam review for invisible inc.

Steam won't let me post this review until May 12th as the game is not yet released, so i decided to post it here real quick: Previously I gave this game a negative review because i felt there was no incentive to even play it and attempt to beat it, but now early backers got the full game version before the release date (May 12th) and i have to say that this game has evolved a lot. If you find this game too challening you can now make it really easy, or really hard if you are insane. There are so many options you can tweak, think of it like the Endless Legend or Civilization V world generation options, but with just a little more detail. I don't really need to tell you the story, it's only really there to tell you why you are doing this and not much else, although i have yet to beat the game so maybe there is a twist at the end or something. There are apparently two animated cutscenes, one of which is in the beginning of the game and is very pretty with this games artstyle. The gameplay, AKA the most important part, is very fun and very difficult with most of the default settings. You must avoid guards, buff your equipment, and get as many agents as you can before 72 hours are up, where you must face the FINAL MISSION (dramatic sound effects). There are different corporations that control different regions and they have varying equipment and levels, and there are also different types of buildings to infiltrate (e.g. Cybernetics buildings, Vaults, Detention Centers etc.) This game gets a solid 10/10, atleast for this genre. If i were to compare it to Grand Theft Auto 5, aka an entirely different game, this would score way lower. But for it's genre and what it is trying to do, it does it perfectly. Good job Klei Entertainment, can't way for your next project :D.

Archived