Overpopulation and lag issue

Hello, 

I've been playing DST with my girlfriend for half a month now and have only just now ran into this problem (probably because we've never made it this far in the game). Starting with the 2nd Autumn, just about every creature seems to have tripled in numbers. We're based next to the pig king and even though there's only 5 or 6 pig houses, there's about 30 pigs in the area just walking around. All of the nearby frogs seem to have doubled in population and the beefalo are completely filling up the savanna biomes. Normally this would just be a slightly annoying problem, however it sevrely taxes my gf's laptop and she can barely even move (the game ran fine on her laptop before this happened, and runs fine on a brand new world).

The only thing we have changed in the edit world is removed 2 giants, put more berries, and added longer days and autunms. 

Has anyone else had this problem? or know a way to fix it?

Thank you.

You could make a function to delete a ton of entities, but it may destroy entities that you would like to preserve.

I suggest a manual cleaning.

Open the console pressing ~ or ñ

Write TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()

Hover your cursor over a beefalo

Press enter

Beefalo will disappear

Open console again, press the UP arrow key. Last command will be displayed, so no writing needed.

Hover and press enter again.

Track down all the pigs and beefalos and clean your world.

You can use c_godmode and c_speed(30) to speed up the process.

Archived