[Gameplay] - Guards Shoot Through Doors

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: Mac

Issue Title: Guards Shoot Through Doors

Issue Description: Even though I close a door in a guard's face, they can still see through and shoot my agents.

This is rather annoying as... well, I'd like to know how these guards got x-ray vision.

(Has science gone too far? That's a joke, by the way.)

This happens on all levels, or at least isn't restricted to one as it happened on the OMNIcorp level and on a FTM level.

Steps to Reproduce: I play on the experienced gameplay level, so I don't know if this is universal or not.

Pretty much, get a guard's attention when you're standing next to a door. Have them pull a gun on you.

Shut the door (even with another agent).

Everything seems fine until you move away from the door. The guard shoots, your agent goes down.

The same bug just happened to me, and it cost me the final mission.

I should add too, the guard can overwatch through a closed door not only the agent who closed the door, but any other agent in hypothetical LOS had the door been open.

OMG, same thing happened to me. I closed the door in a guard's face with Decker while the guard was overwatching Internationale and when I started moving Internationale (with the closed door, so basically the guard vision was shut down) he still managed to shoot my Internationale through the damn door.

PS: Not only he shot through door but that one now sees through the damned door. I closed another door and he saw through the first one and went alert mode again.

I'm not sure this is a bug.  I remember reading that guards were changed to do this, as the shut-the-door (repeatedly) tactic was in fact an exploit.  Now the guards shoot through the door, hitting foes on the other side.  Also, look at the door after that happens.  If you use a shock trap on a door, it blows the door away, leaving an open archway and some tatters of a door.  I think that is what is happening here, though you may have a graphics bug if the door is not showing up as destroyed after the guard shoots through it.

It is kind of broken in favor of the guards now, but as long as you do not try to use only the door for cover, you are usually fine.

Archived