Amendments to Don't Starve Together (Stop the Trolls)

So I've played quite a couple of Don't Starve Together series now on Public Servers and loved it, it truthfully has been good fun and I'm sure others feel the same way. But there are those who ruin the good mood of comrades putting together a fantastic base, to have a Willow join in first day on Day 24 find your base and burn it all to the ground and there is nothing you can do about it and not even a report function for those spoiling it for everyone else.

Then there are others who steal from others, which is also as frustrating as the above.

My solution, Player's are not allowed to purposely burn man made structures, or man made structures have fire immunity to fires caused by other players. Also to prevent people taking items out of your Chest/er, you have the option to "lock" a chest. So you have the choice between allowing public access or keeping its contects your own.

* Further to the fire point, not being able to hammer down a player made object that is not your own should also be implemented, it'll be trickier to prevent trolling on naturally occuring structures like pig houses. But for now it'd be nice for everyone to feel secure with their stuff than have someone stroll up to it, destroy it, and have no consequences for it.

Anyway, that's my rant over, thanks for reading!  :encouragement:

Archived