server token woes

when i originally set up my server i remember getting the token set up being the biggest pain in the butt, but eventually i got it to work somehow and haven't had to worry about it since.  well, at least until the dedicated server tool was updated recently because once it did my server wouldn't accept the token again.  now i can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it.

i've tried copying the token file, moving and replacing it, deleting the old file then moving the new file, literally every iteration i can think of to try and get it to work.  I've tried putting the code in to the settings file manually as well (using both token and server_token because i've seen both used and am not sure which is right).  I even have gone to my account info where the like 30 server tokens i have generated while trying to fix this are listed and copied them from there.  i really have no idea what i am doing wrong.  any suggestions?  thanks guys!

got a problem with token for 2nd d-server too.

First server, set up before update of ROG, still works fine now.

Now I want set up another dedicated server on the same machine for some mod tests, using  -conf_dir as the wiki said, and generate a new server token, copy it to the new place, and it returns:

[200] Account Failed (6): "E_INVALID_TOKEN"

No idea what should I do now. 

I was in this same place earlier today, setting up an additional server instance on the same machine.

I run Ubuntu, and ultimately the token problems were resolved through how I was starting the server. 

I did use both the .txt file, as well as the settings.ini line, so no help there.

However, I get the invalid token error whenever I try to execute the start script as root. When I log into my generic admin user, and sudo ./startup_dst.sh, it works. As su, it fails with invalid token. As another user, invoking sudo, it works fine.

My knowledge of Linux systems is limited, so I'm probably doing something wrong... however maybe my workaround will help you all.

Good luck!

got a problem with token for 2nd d-server too.

First server, set up before update of ROG, still works fine now.

Now I want set up another dedicated server on the same machine for some mod tests, using  -conf_dir as the wiki said, and generate a new server token, copy it to the new place, and it returns:

[200] Account Failed (6): "E_INVALID_TOKEN"

No idea what should I do now. 

Well, my problem solved.

I did the copy/paste files under root, so its the file permission problems

now it works

Archived