Need help changing forms

I borrowed some code from the wilk mod that seemed pretty simple; however, the bad part of the mod was that it only worked for one transformation state when im trying to make it to two states. I tried to make one state for the angel, and one state for the demon, I made the components for them and it didn't crash. The problem was even though it didn't crash, every time my character changed to angel or demon state, he didn't change back to ether the normal state or the other state.

can someone look at my prefab lua file and tell me why my character doesn't change to different states onces hes already become one 

p.s: he transforms due to where sanity is place

wpi.lua

@DreadHeadMafia Oh.. where to start. Erm, all those toggle variables and if statements aren't really needed. Why not just have one sanity check? And uh.. one variable that determines which state you're in.

local min_sanity = {	demon = 0,	wilk = 125,	angel = 240,}local states = {	demon = 1,	wilk = 2,	angel = 3,}local current_statelocal function sanity_check(inst)	local sanity_cur = inst.components.sanity.current		if sanity_cur >= min_sanity.angel and current_state ~= states.angel then		BecomeAngel(inst)		current_state = states.angel	elseif sanity_cur >= min_sanity.wilk and current_state ~= states.wilk then		BecomeWilk(inst)		current_state = states.wilk	elseif sanity_cur >= min_sanity.demon and current_state ~= states.demon then		BecomeDemon(inst)		current_state = states.demon	endend-- ...-- Run once to initialize first time-- Where inst is the player instancesanity_check(inst)

Exactly 0 sanity is an awful harsh cutoff -- you may want to make it something like <12 or accidentally picking a flower will undemonify you. Which is a pretty weak demon if you ask me. Real demons need to pick THREE flowers!

Edit: You seem to be referring to the sanity variable two different ways:

inst.components.sanity.currentsanity = 124			
 local Sanitycurr = inst.components.sanity.current

sanity.current is the correct one.

There are some other oddities as well... registering to handle the same event with 4 different functions is a 'wee bit excessive'.

I don't know exactly what's going on there cause you didn't post your stategraph, but I would try to stuff most of that into a single OnSanityDelta function. 

Edit2:  Oh, Blueberrys literally said just that hah.  Disregard.

@DreadHeadMafia Oh.. where to start. Erm, all those toggle variables and if statements aren't really needed. Why not just have one sanity check? And uh.. one variable that determines which state you're in.

Not taking classes for learning coding yet so im just messing around with it for now. In the meantime I used the coding way you mentioned and the new problem now is that the character now flashes (literally flashes back and forth) between demon form and normal form. ( although it was really hilarious) I would like you to tell me what I did wrong again. Heres the new lua again

wpi.lua

@DreadHeadMafia Whooops. My mistake. I joined  multiple checks with "and"s which messes up the elseif format I used.

Fixed:

local function sanity_check(inst)    local sanity_cur = inst.components.sanity.current         if sanity_cur >= min_sanity.angel then		if current_state ~= states.angel then			BecomeAngel(inst)			current_state = states.angel		end    elseif sanity_cur >= min_sanity.wilk then		if current_state ~= states.wilk then			BecomeWilk(inst)			current_state = states.wilk		end    elseif sanity_cur >= min_sanity.demon then		if current_state ~= states.demon then			BecomeDemon(inst)			current_state = states.demon		end    endend

@DreadHeadMafia Whooops. My mistake. I joined  multiple checks with "and"s which messes up the elseif format I used.

Fixed:

lol aww man I was up all night trying stuff to fix it, I thought I messed it up badly somehow, anyway thanks a lot mate, that's exactly what I wanted, now im going to fix it up, give some speech in transformation and ill be nearly done with the update for Isaac mod.

thanks a ton mate!

Archived