I believe you have to visit the world with a character at least once. After that, View World button will be active. It will not show you the mini map, though, only the options screen with the choices that you created the world with.

I believe you have to visit the world with a character at least once. After that, View World button will be active. It will not show you the mini map, though, only the options screen with the choices that you created the world with.

keep appearing unmarked, Im in day 50 and cant see my world edition in the browser

Just recently when I was fiddling with my server settings, I noticed that it took a second for the "View World" button to become active, when I chose my server from the listing. I'm not sure of the actual workings under the hood, but could it be that it requests the server to send the viewer the settings? Other option is that the server relays the info to the Klei server handling the listings.

Anyway, if that is the case (just guessing here), then it could be a firewall issue; world info not being sent, or LAN server issue; world info viewing not being supported in LAN mode.

Another possibility that comes to mind is the game mode setting. Isn't "survival" maps regenerated after all the players have died? In that case, if your server is empty, there would be no current map, thus view world would not be active.

Quick new post: I checked this on my dedicated server. I'm running a dedicated server on a second computer in the same LAN network.

When viewing my server in LAN mode (server filters "Show LAN" set to "yes") View World button is grayed out. Same exact server in the online list ("Show LAN" set to "no") has the button gray for a second, and then lights up.

If you have only one computer, I believe you'll need to look into this Hairpin NAT thingy from these forums. I'm not sure if my router supports that, but everything works for me with just a port forward enabled on the router.

Archived