need help making items under the cursor drop

Hello folks. I have recently made a drop button mod to drop one item at a time from a stack on the keyboard controls. Essential I would have keys assigned to moving left and right on the inventory and then pressing a key drop the item I would want. What I'am trying to do now is make  it so I don't have to press keys to move left and right on the toolbar and just drop the item that is currently being highlighted by the mouse cursor. In Invslot.lua I Imported the CONTROL_DROP_ITEM from playercontroller.lua. While I can still drop my item by pressing a hotkey, I cannot drop it when I'm highlighting a slot on the inventory which is telling me that its working but I seem to need a variable of some sort inside the "()" on "self.owner.components.inventory:DropItem()" I have tried calling variables for inv_obj and inv_item but I would get the NIL errors when doing this. If anyone can let me know what my next step with this would be, It would be much appreciated! Thanks!

function InvSlot:OnControl(control, down)   	if InvSlot._base.OnControl(self, control, down) then return true end    if down then        if control == CONTROL_ACCEPT then            --generic click, with possible modifiers            if TheInput:IsControlPressed(CONTROL_FORCE_INSPECT) then                self:Inspect()            else                                if TheInput:IsControlPressed(CONTROL_FORCE_TRADE) then                    self:TradeItem(TheInput:IsControlPressed(CONTROL_FORCE_STACK))                else                    self:Click(TheInput:IsControlPressed(CONTROL_FORCE_STACK))                end            end        elseif control == CONTROL_SECONDARY and self.tile and self.tile.item then            --alt use (usually RMB)            GetPlayer().components.inventory:UseItemFromInvTile(self.tile.item)                --  the rest are explicit control presses for controllers        elseif control == CONTROL_SPLITSTACK then            self:Click(true)        elseif control == CONTROL_TRADEITEM then            self:TradeItem(false)        elseif control == CONTROL_TRADESTACK then            self:TradeItem(true)        elseif control == CONTROL_INSPECT then            self:Inspect()        elseif control == CONTROL_INVENTORY_DROP then			self.owner.components.inventory:DropItem() else            return false        end        return true    endend

@void222x Yeah, the DropItem function requires the first parameter to be an inventory item's instance.

Reference (inventory.lua)

function Inventory:DropItem(item, wholestack, randomdir, pos)    if not item or not item.components.inventoryitem then        return    end        local dropped = item.components.inventoryitem:RemoveFromOwner(wholestack) or item        if dropped then        pos = pos or Vector3(self.inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition())        --print("Inventory:DropItem", item, pos)		dropped.Transform:SetPosition(pos:Get())        if dropped.components.inventoryitem then            dropped.components.inventoryitem:OnDropped(randomdir)        end                self.inst:PushEvent("dropitem", {item = dropped})    end    return droppedend

You can get the currently active item:

local item = self.owner.components.inventory.activeitemif item then    self.owner.components.inventory:DropItem(item)end

Thank you very much for your help man! I got it working now! :) quick question though. If I wanted to drop the item while my cursor is not in the inventory what would I do? If I click the item and hold it over the inventory slot I can drop it but if I hover the item out of the inventory II can't. Is this because there is a drop already programmed for the mouse when you have the item outside the inventory?

@void222x Hmm. I'm not sure if I understood the question correctly. Judging by the code, whatever you're doing here is apparently only affecting InvSlot. You would need to modify something else if you want it to work differently. Logically, changing InvSlot:OnControl only affects the inventory slot.

Archived