Friend is having trouble with dedicated server

Hello Klei forum at the time of this post i have recently unstalled the deedicated server tool from steam and generated my dedicated server token and run my server and everything works fine and it shows up using entire default settings. However when my friend did the same thing their server does not show up in the server list and we have been unable to find out why. Also when i talked to my friend the dedicated server did load successfuly just like mine. Ifany 1 has any ideas or solutions to try it would be of help. And also stupid question ehre but where do  i find my settings.ini file?

settings is usually in "Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether". I had a problem once with the dedicated server not loading right.

Things I would check:

1. make sure the server_token file is in the folder

2. I deleted my settings folder once too and let it recreate, everything worked after that but you might lose saves so maybe don't do this :)

settings is usually in "Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether". I had a problem once with the dedicated server not loading right.

Things I would check:

1. make sure the server_token file is in the folder

2. I deleted my settings folder once too and let it recreate, everything worked after that but you might lose saves so maybe don't do this :-)

Thanks cawsp i found it also just thought id ask with the dedicated server is there any way to increasethe items like with the eidt world option when you host a server?

Archived