Bug: Non-admin spawned as the server.

No. Really. This actually happened. Let me elaborate..

So, our world apparently doesn't have a pigking. I tried to manually spawn one in near a village. He did appear, but nobody could click him. I tried spawning an item next (Jerkey, to be precise) to see if that at least worked, but it couldn't be picked up either. Disconnecting and reconnecting made it disappear from my screen.

Suddenly, someone new connects and say their screen's black, and their mouse only lets them "examine Pig King". After pressing a few numbers, they found out they can eat something that already exists in their inventory.

I sincerely think they somehow managed to spawn /as the server/! Later, they died of freezing, respawned, and now they're a normal player.

So, er, um, yeah. There's that.

On a related topic, how do I properly spawn the Pig King and stuff if I'm absolutely sure the world doesn't have him? 'Yaknow, without ruining the server?

Running c_spawn locally spawns something (like pigking or jerky), that you can't interact with because it lacks components.

I don't understand what they managed to spawn and how did you notice. Pressing 1, 2, 3 refers to the inventory slots, and if you have food there, you eat.

c_countprefabs("pigking")

If 0, c_spawn a pigking on a place of your liking. Bonus point if you put wooden floors and c_spawn some nightmarerocks.

And press control to enable "Remote:" on console or the commands won't run in the server.

On a related topic, how do I properly spawn the Pig King and stuff if I'm absolutely sure the world doesn't have him? 'Yaknow, without ruining the server?

What you did is spawning a pig king in your client; what you need is the server to run the command.

On dedicated servers, you need to run the command remotely. After you open the console, but before you hit ENTER, hit the left Ctrl key, and it should say "Remote:" to the left of the text entry.

Hope that helps!

Archived