[Client Crash] - "Steam must be running to play this game"

KawaiiChao

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: "Steam must be running to play this game"

Issue Description: Hi there! Minor problem here.

I've been able to play the Don't Starve Together Beta for a long time now, until last week. I get a fatal error message saying "Steam must be running to play this game(Steam_API_init()failed.)"

I've searched numerous threads, and everyone seems to have gotten it fixed one way or another. Me on the other hand, can't fix it no matter what. I've tried Restarting steam, my computer, verifying cache, disabling background apps, the list just goes on and on. If anyone could help, I'd seriously appreciate it. If you need extra information, three of my friends own the game and it runs perfectly fine for them. This also doesn't just apply to DST, I've visited may threads in which people have problems with other games, such as Payday.

Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce: I don't actually know how this started. I recently downloaded a new steam skin, called Pixelvision. I tried uninstalling the skin after the issue arose, but it still didn't fix the problem. That's pretty much it.

I've actually already tried that numerous times, but I appreciate your suggestion and am glad you got it fixed.

I've actually already tried that numerous times, but I appreciate your suggestion and am glad you got it fixed.

Archived