Shank 2 Doesn't Allow Outside KeyBinds

diglio

Hey guys,

I have been starting to get into speed-running games, and I figured, what better game to start with, than the bloody Shank 2. However, I am running into a little bit of a problem.

The program I use, WSplit, allows you to create a keybind in order to create a "split" which tracks the time you completed the level. However, I found out then while I am inside the Shank 2 window, this keybind does not work. I have to alt + tab to another window and then use the keybind for it to work.

In addition to WSplit, I have tried this in XSplit to enable Local Recording, and my keybind does not work there as well.

I have tried running these programs in Administrator (haven't tried it in Shank 2 since I'm not sure how to launch a steam game from in administrator) and I have had no luck.

If anyone knows how to go about fixing this, or has anymore info on this, that would be great!

Well, I have found a workaround. Unfortunately, this will only work if you have a macro-able keyboard/mouse. I have programmed one of my macro keys to alt +tab, press my split key, and alt + tab back to the Shank 2 windows. This is all done within .5 seconds and so far, it is working pretty awesome.