Some help regarding API versions please?

_Icarus

I've been working on writing a custom character mod with Reign of Giants for quite some time now and there was always one issue that I couldn't figure out how to solve. I found a work around, but now my work around doesn't seem to want to work.

I'm aware that there is a line in the modinfo.lua file that should describe the api version. i.e.)

api_version = 6

For some reason, when I started working on my mod, it would only run if I had that value set to 5. Changing it to the correct version number didn't seem to work. The mod always read "out of date" when the api_version was set to 5, but it worked. Now when I have the value set to 5, the game tries to load the mod, but gets frozen on the main menu screen.

When I try to use the correct api_version number, 6, it would appear as if I have no problems loading the mod; I'd select to enable it from the mod menu, click "apply", and I'd be taken back to the title screen as if the mod loaded correctly.

The only problem is that the mod doesn't actually load when this happens. If I try to start a new game and select a character, my modded character is no where to be found. The same follows suit in loading old games using the modded character; he'll be replaced with Wilson.

Upon returning to the mod menu, it mod is red and reads "To Be Disabled".

I've compared multiple mods from other users to my own and even compared my mod to various template characters, yet I fail to find the issue. I've even tried running the other user mods and the templates to ensure that they work, and they do. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong.

If anyone would be able to help me, it would greatly appreciated.

Below should be an attachment of my mod as it currently stands if anyone would like to dig through the code:

icarusCharacterMod.zip

If for some reason it doesn't work, this link is a MediaFire download link that can be used to download the same file.

It appears that I posted this topic multiple times. I apologize for that.

I tried using tab to indent some text, but it didn't work so then I used the spacebar. Apparently the "post" button was selected and the spacebar activated it.

Sorry for the re-posts.

Archived