[newbie] "IndexError:tuple index out of range" when modifying certain textures

Zoshiru

I've been trying to create a custom character for DST, and I keep running into this strange error. I've already modified a few textures without problems, but I can't seem to modify some of the textures without getting this error and a failed compile. Reverting the texture to its default restores compilability.

I'm using the extended Sample Character by Dragon Wolf Leo (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=361202313&searchtext=template). I've tried all the compile methods in his tutorial, they all share the same problem.

My compile window:

ff0bf8f2d1.png

I've been made aware that Don't Starve Together questions should be made in the DST forum. Even though this doesn't seem to have anything to do with a DST-Specific issue I'll post it there. I'll still be checking this one in case someone replies here instead.

Actually, I've figured it out. I don't know how I figured it out, but I did.

The compiler doesn't seem to like monochrome images. Add a little bit of color somewhere in your image and the compiler should run just fine. The colored spot can even be completely transparent unless your image editor automatically turns transparent spots black to save filesize.

Archived