Help with recipe code

I've been trying to create a custom recipe, I want the item to require the shadow manipulator but I can't get that to work. I've gotten everything else working with the alchemy engine.

local faroz_gls = Recipe("faroz_gls", { Ingredient("bluegem", 2), Ingredient("livinglog", 1) }, RECIPETABS.DRESS, { SCIENCE = 3} )

This is what I've tried to make the recipe require the shadow manipulator, because it's debug code is "researchlab3." When ingame it shows up when near an alchemy engine, and is gray. It says "Some things are just unknowable" where it would ususally say use (science machine, prestitihatinator etc) to prototype. Replys are appreciated. I am new to lua.

Edited by itachipirate

Not sure if this would solve anything, but in my code its GLOBAL.Recipe(..ingredients..). Maybe you should try with SCIENCE = 0 to see if it is what causing the error. If you have implemented some other recipes that are working, im sure that you got all the code you need. Try to change science to 0 and see if you can craft it, also try to add GLOBAL with capital letters before recipe. I'm also new to modding, but this worked for my custom item. Good luck!  :joyous:

EDIT: From trivia on dontstarvewiki:

"The Shadow Manipulator used to be the tier 3 Science research lab, before Science and Magic research were separated into different categories."

Maybe there's another command instead of science, like magic(?) 

Edited by Batmanwarrior

Not sure if this would solve anything, but in my code its GLOBAL.Recipe(..ingredients..). Maybe you should try with SCIENCE = 0 to see if it is what causing the error. If you have implemented some other recipes that are working, im sure that you got all the code you need. Try to change science to 0 and see if you can craft it, also try to add GLOBAL with capital letters before recipe. I'm also new to modding, but this worked for my custom item. Good luck!  :joyous:

EDIT: From trivia on dontstarvewiki:

"The Shadow Manipulator used to be the tier 3 Science research lab, before Science and Magic research were separated into different categories."

Maybe there's another command instead of science, like magic(?) 

Thank you very much! I thought that was the old format, but I guess not... I got it working with science=0 and magic=3 Very helpful!

Recipe Requirement Code:

(science=0) Requires Science Machine

(science=1) Requires Alchemy Engine

(magic=2) Requires Prestitihatinator

(magc=3) Requires Shadow Manipulator

Edited by itachipirate